Mr Uwen, Godwin Ukam fondly called ‘’powerful’’ was born on 4th April 1964 atAbanwan Erei, Biase Local Government Area of Cross River State. He had his primary education at St Patrick Primary School Abanwan Biase (1971-1976) and secondary education at Ediba Secondary School, Abi Local Government Area (1976-1981). In 1983, Uwen proceeded to the University of Cross River State Uyo, where he graduated as the best graduating student of the university and bagged his B.SC (Hons) Economics in 1987. His love for academic necessitated his studies with the School of Post Graduate Studies, University of Calabar, C RS (1993-1996) which earned him M.BA in Business Administration.
Uwen, is a renowned Chartered Accountant of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and Chartered Taxation who had travailed and conquered different stages of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria.
Uwen, being a hard- working gentleman has successfully served in the following Organizations as:
- Lecturer– Institute of professional studies , Lafia (NYSC) 1987/1988
- Lecturer– University of cross river state Uyo ,Akwa – Ibom state 1988/1990
- Credit Control Manager– WTN PLC, Agbara Industrial Estate – Lagos 1990/1993
- Operational Manager– Pinto Bruno International Limited, 60 Okesuna Street Lagos
- Principal Accountant- (Head of Final Accountants) Accountant General Office – Calabar – 1996 /1999
- Investment Manager – Ministry of Finance Incorporated (MOFI) Calabar – 2000 – Dec 2005
- Financial Controller– (SGL.17) CRS Tourism Bureau, 2006 – 2007
- Deputy Director– Ministry of Finance (W.E.F) June 2007
- Director ,State Finance Policy Management 2007 – 2010
- Deputy Director (Admin)– NOSDRA Dec. 2010
Uwen’s work experience can never be over emphasized, he has been in Government Service right from his Youth Service years (NYSC). He is a successful Government worker for over three (3) decades, interacting with people from diverse backgrounds, including highly kinsmen, educated and undergraduates. These interactions have resulted in a wealth of practical experience which he has brought to bear today has D(HRM) NOSDRA.
He is currently D (HRM) NOSDRA, (W.e.f) January 1, 2017. As the DHRM, he is saddled with many responsibilities which he is successfully carrying out.
- In charge of HRM/Administrative functions
- Assist in Budget/Strategic planning document preparation
iii. In charge of Appointment, Promotion and Disciplinary issues
- Management of the Agency’s National Health Insurance Scheme
- Management of Life Insurance Business
- Coordination of Retirees with PENCONM/PFA/PFCs for cleaning and security services
vii. Chairman, junior staff Appointment, Promotion and Disciplinary Committee
viii. Secretary, Senior Staff Appointment, Promotion and disciplinary Committee
Viii. In charge of the Agency’s Training Programme and any other assignable functions
It is upon this backdrop, that the position of the D (HRM) finds its complete expression in the person of Mr Uwen, Godwin Ukam alias “POWERFUL”