OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR GENERAL/CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The unit is responsible for checking of cash/vote books and other accounting records, monthly audit of safe contents register, submission of I/A Reports to DG/CE, Accountant General and Auditor General of the Federation, check bank reconciliation statements, endorse monthly transcripts, review of internal control system in place for Procurement.
They also perform pre auditing of salary payrolls against staff personal records, checking of allowances paid to NYSC/ Industrial attachees, quarterly audit of stores, checking of stores Ledgers and physical Stocks.
The acivities in this unit include procurement planning for the Agency as driven by need assessment, process, procurement activities that are beyond the approval limit of the DG/CE and present same to the Agency’s Tender board or Ministerial Tender Board (MTB) as the case may be for approval; implementation of capital component of the Agency’s annual budget as approved by the Federal government.
They are in charge of preparing memoranda to PPC for approval and preparing the minute of meetings of the Procurement Planning Committee.
The ICT Unit manages the overall technology infrastructure for the Agency including planning, implementation and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support day to day operations. It is divided into four sections VIZ:
*Hardware and Software.
It integrates five key components: hardware, software, data, people, and methods to ensure that all Information, communication and telecommunication needs of the Agency are addressed by ensuring effective database storage of data, its transformation from one data format to another, its pictorial or model representation and its analysis and manipulation.
PUBLIC AFFAIRS UNIT
The mission of the Public Affairs Unit (PAU) is to coordinate the relations of news media and serve as the center for information about all organizational units of the Agency.
The major functions of PAU are to:
• Ensure that the public is informed about the Agency's activities.
• Serve reporters assigned to the Agency by responding to queries, issuing news releases and statements, arranging interviews, and conducting news conferences.
• Advise the Director General and other Department officials on all aspects of media relations and communications issues.
• Ensure that information provided to the news media by the Agency is current, complete, and accurate.
• Prepare and issue all news releases for headquarter, and edit and approve some of those issued by zonal offices.